Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall

Fall is one of my favorite times of year (Christmas is really the only thing that beats it). Once September rolled around, I started thinking about how much I was going to miss the US and all of the fun fall activities. I have been pleasantly surprised, Germans do not disappoint! First off, the weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS!! The first two months in Germany it literally rained every day, no joke. The entire month of September it didn't rain once. Not only that, but it was been very sunny and warm. We were still in shorts yesterday!

One of the best parts of fall here has been the festivals. We've had several to choose from every weekend! Last weekend we went apple picking and attended a really fun apple festival, we also went to downtown Wiesbaden for the annual pumpkin fest. Yesterday, we went to a Thanksgiving festival at a local winery. Most of the festivals have a common theme: Beer, wine, delicious food, and games for the kids. A great way to make everyone happy!

Pumpkin fest in Wiesbaden

A lot of them have these cheesy rides that Addy and Luke just love.


Painting her own pumpkin:

Addy wanted to take a picture of mommy and daddy. I love the building behind us, it is adorable. The entire winery is really charming, but I love the ivy on the walls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just visited your site and the info you have covered has been of great interest to me.

security equipment