Our sweet baby boy arrived on Friday night and we are so happy that he is healthy and perfect! The night before he was born was a full moon and also a crazy thunderstorm here. I was having pretty heavy (but irregular) contractions all night long. I was feeling good about going into my appointment on Friday morning. After they took my blood pressure, I was relieved that it was low. The OB came in with a disappointed look on her face and I could tell she had some bad news. The protein and urine in my blood had only gotten worse with every test they took. She explained to me that my kidneys and liver were not functioning as they should and I could be putting my body at risk for septic shock. She asked me if I felt any signs of labor, and I told her about my contractions so she proceeded to check my cervix. Of course my cervix was completely closed. She then told me she had a feeling I would not be going into labor anytime soon and I had a very good chance of still being pregnant for another 2 -3 weeks. Especially since I was having contractions, but had nothing to show for it. If I had at least been dialated she could have stripped my membranes or let me go home for the weekend to try to naturally induce labor. She said given my condition, they couldn't afford to have me wait even another week. She recommended we deliver the baby on Friday. I was really upset and she was trying to be very understanding because she had been such a strong advocate of me having a VBAC. She called the doctor on call to give her my situation and they both recommended I go home to pack my bags to go to the hospital. The doctor on call was my favorite doctor, so I did take some comfort in knowing she was going to be the one to deliver our baby. We were so lucky that Jeff's parents happened to fly in the day before to visit for Memorial Day weekend. I went home to pack our stuff and get everything situated, and off we went to the hospital. The surgery was very routine, but I was reminded of why I didn't want to give birth that way. The OB was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. Luke and I are very healthy so we will count our blessings! Everything has gone very smoothly since the delivery and they let us go home a day early. Here are some pictures of the last few days:
It did take us another day to decide on his name. When he first came out Jeff and I didn't think he looked like us at all. He had lighter skin and lighter hair. He also looked nothing like Addy!
Here is a picture of Addy showing Luke his new room:
I had to post the gorgeous ring that Luke and his daddy bought for me!!
Luke with his big sister and Mimi
Only a few hours old:
The morning of his birthday, last belly shot.
8 comments:
Amy - congratulations on your beautiful, healthy baby boy! You seem disappointed by your delivery but I'm so glad that both you and Luke are here with us and healthy to boot!! And your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! love it!
xoxo
b
Oh my gosh, Amy!!! He is sooooooooooooooo handsome! When you're mom was telling me he was pasty white with light hair I was expecting like...Briggy pasty white--but I guess he's in a league of his own--hes pretty dark!! very very very cute. So glad your inlaws were there to help---it was a nightmare for me without family. I wish we could be there to help and love on that little luke!!!
We're just glad you are doing well...and dont worry, you can always try for a VBAC with the next baby! ;)
Im envisioning your father saying "do her babies come out of the womb swaddled?!" :) hehehehe
love you!!!!!!!! miss you!!!
*kisses* to addy too--what a great big sister!!
Amy, Luke is SOOOO precious! I think he resembles Addy a lot as a baby! Congratulations on such a sweet baby boy!!! And that RING!!! Holy smokes! That is some serious and gorgeous bling! Can't wait to meet little Luke.
We're so glad you all are home safe and sound. Just think, he'll always have a 3 day weekend to celebrate his birthday!!! Oh, and Luke's so flattered that you chose to name your baby after him (just kidding). Congratulations to you and your family of 4 :-)
congrats on your heatlhy and beautiful baby boy! and to big sister too!
Amy - CONGRATS! Luke is amazing!!! I think he looks like Jeff. I'm so glad that you're both healthy. Addy looks like such a proud big sister. I'm so excited for your family and the new adventure you just embarked on. Let me know if we can help in any way possible!
Congratulations to all!
Baby Luke is beautiful! He looks so much like Addy in some pictures.
Can't wait to see him!
Your ring is beautiful!
Congratulations to you, Jeff & Addy! Thinking of you all -
Post a Comment