Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookies, Cookies, and more Cookies

This has been a busy weekend and week for us! I hosted a cookie exchange party on Monday night, and Addy had been asking to make a gingerbread house for quite some time. I thought we would make one over the weekend and use it as a centerpiece (fingers were crossed that it looked halfway decent and wouldn't fall apart). The theme was going to be perfect since my invitations for the party were gingerbread men. We then made some yummy gingerbread men, decorated, and hung them from the chandelier in the dining room. Baking gingerbread is honestly the best smelling aroma a home can have. We also made gingerbread lollipops and even made 2 more different cookie recipes! The exchange was a hit, I even gave out a few prizes and we ended up with some delicious cookies. I made boxes for everyone to take their cookies home. To top if off, I went to another cookie exchange last night. I came home with another 4 dozen cookies. Can we say happy husband and happy Addy?


Boxes to take, all of them had different center stickers. Only have mine to show:
Aren't these pretty? I found these on a blog I love and gave my friend Kelly the recipe to make. They are very easy and really pretty. She won prettiest cookie! Here is a link to the recipe:
http://glorioustreats.blogspot.com/2010/12/candy-cane-hearts.html
WAY too many cookies. I plan on freezing most of these tonight.

1 comment:

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

Amy - everything is just DARLING!!! I went to my first cookie exchange last night and it was awesome! It's such a fun idea. I love all of your beautiful cookies and packaging!!