Addy had her first day of Preschool today and it was a success! She had her meet the teacher on Tuesday, and was able to get familiar with the classroom before she went all by herself today. After Tuesday, all she did was talk about school and asked when she could go back. She was so excited this morning! She ran right into the classroom, hugged one of her teachers, yelled "bye mommy, it's school now!"
Addy is the youngest one in her class (the cutoff is 2 by September 30th) so most of the kids are 2 1/2 or almost 3. There are 13 kids and only 2 girls! I couldn't believe she is only one of 2 girls, quite different than what she is used to. The only friend that she talked about today was Sarah, go figure it was the only other girl. I think they'll be fast friends! I tried to take some pictures when she entered the classroom, but I didn't want to distract the other kids (most of them were crying and upset). She'll go 2 mornings a week from 9-12 at a local church. We're very excited for her and know that she'll love it!
Addy insisted on carrying her Fancy Nancy Sunglasses for the picture
Not such a great picture, I was trying to get in and out without being a distraction!
4 comments:
I'm so glad that Addy did so well at school! Maybe it's a first born thing - Aidan was fine from the get go too! She is such a big girl - I'm so proud of her - and you too!!
William goes 2 days a week at the Embassy and loves it too...almost as much as I do:-) Enjoy having some time to yourself!!!!
I'm glad dad and I got to meet Addy's new teachers. I'm sure Addy we'll be a great student!
that is such an adorable dress--i need one! someday if i ever have a girl...she needs that dress! so cute--
hope you have fun at school, addy!!
Post a Comment