Monday, August 30, 2010

Addy's Sweet Shoppe Birthday

Addy's sweet shoppe birthday party was on Friday and I am so happy that we finally have pictures to post!! My friend Dawn took all of these pictures for us, and I can't thank her enough! She did such an amazing job capturing the party with pictures that we never would have taken. Most of you know about my *slight* obsession with birthday parties and holidays-- and this party was quite the task. I am thrilled how it all turned out because Addy was the happiest little girl on earth-- it was the cutest thing! The hardest part was making her cake. Let's just say I tried fondant for the first time and it didn't quite work out how I wanted it to. The only thing that made it worth it was that Addy told me once she saw the cake, "Mommy that is the most beautiful cake I've ever seen!" She also repeatedly told me how beautiful her birthday party was, and that makes all the hard work worth every moment!!! Enjoy the pictures and click on them to get an even better view....

The dessert table with the cutest banner made by my very crafty sister in law, Kelly


These are sugar cookie lollipops-- quite a hit with the kids!
My not so perfect cake
Chocolate covered marshmellows
Part of the candy favors
Table setting with bags for the kids to fill with candy


Mommy and the birthday girl! Isn't her hair adorable? Daddy took her to the salon that morning :)

Candy scavenger hunt (as if the table didn't have enough candy?)

Lollipop walk game, the kids stopped on a colored dot every time the music stopped to win a BIG lollipop
Now you can really see the imperfections with the cake-- but it was really really good (and I normally don't like birthday cakes).


Most of the party guests
Family shot

6 comments:

Kelly Tillotson said...

wow! amy the party turned out so.....sweet!! great job with all the goodies!! addy looked like she had sooooo much fun--and holy heck, is it just me or does she look a LOT like sariah? I wish I had a place to have a party that is a blank slate, thats one thing I always hesitate about when I throw parties, because the color scheme is always thrown off with the color and decor of my house! im hoping the bishop will let me have Briggy's party in the cultural hall in feb.
The cake looks awesome--did you make the cookies too? so cute!!
Ya did TomKat Studio proud, im sure of it!!
ps--lovvvvvvvvvve your dress!

love,
Kelly

Michelle said...

Holy smokes! That's gorgeous! Good job, Mama! Your cake is incredibly impressive :-)

Anonymous said...

Great job Amy!!!!!
I love the slide show! Everything turned out fabulous... wish I could have been there. Miss Addy looked adorable and looked very happy on her special day.

Great job on the banner
Miss Kelly!

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

Amy what a beautiful party!!! I just love it! Addy looks so beautiful with her curls too. Can't believe they are 3 now! And your cake looks beautiful - I didn't notice anything wrong with it! I love how much Addy appreciated everything :) She is a sweet little girl.

HomemadeMother said...

That party looks like every little girl's dream come true! Nice job!!

Days Like This crafter said...

What a cute party! Where did you find her party plates? I'm looking for something similar and haven't seen these anywhere.